Sunday, April 29, 2007

Alaska Heart Run Mission Complete


So I ran my first 5K! I spent the morning telling myself (and Ann) that I was Oprah. If she could run a marathon surely I could run a 5K. Not walk. But alas that was not the case. I still ran most of it, but there was definetely some walking coming in.

I finished with a time of 46:19, which put me in 106th place for my age group in women. That's only 7 from the bottom! ha ha! I came in 721st place for women overall. That's out of 803 female runners. Not bad for my first.

I'm going to do another run on May 12th so my plan is to start running a two mile run that's near my house for the next week, pushing myself during each of those runs. Then start to extend that run a little farther the next week. Part of my biggest hurdle is the darn jogger stroller. I love it because I can just walk out my front door to run, but it's heavy as hell and makes me run a lot slower.

And having a little girl pestering you when you can't breath is also a little trying...but adorable and enjoyable at the same time.

No comments: